74% of councils have declared a climate emergency, yet few are taking steps to reduce emissions embedded within our food system. We are demanding that:
- Councils go fully plant-based in their own catering at meetings and events
- Councils introduce two plant-based days per week in school menus that are council managed (the maximum allowed under current legislation), or they make a recommendation to schools which operate their own meal contracts
We’re encouraging councils to work with ProVeg, a leading food awareness organisation.
Our most recent win was in December 2021, when Oxfordshire County Council passed a motion committing to go plant-based and to recommend two plant-based days per week in schools. Thanks to our campaigners, several councils are now working closely with ProVeg and are currently rolling out new menus that include more plant-based options.
We have people running this campaign in over 40 local authority areas around the UK and we expect to see more wins in 2022!
So how can you make a difference?
Check out our social media: (facebook, instagram & twitter @feedourfutureuk) or see the document below for upcoming Campaign Introduction talks and to learn how you can get involved. Make sure you come to a campaign talk to find out how to start or support this campaign, wherever in the UK you’re based!
Upcoming talks and events
Find out when the upcoming campaign introduction talks are in this document
We have various resources available for the campaign in this cloud folder.
Want to find out more and stay up to date?
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/feedourfutureuk
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/feedourfutureuk
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/feedourfutureuk
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.feedourfuture.co.uk