This is the official source for Animal Rebellion UK news,
press releases, updates, images and videos.
Phone: Harley McDonald-Eckersall – 07593873298 (at the action)
Hazel Murray – 07920518727 (back office)
James: +447476663297 (at the action, unavailable 9-11am)
Français | Español
- ANIMAL REBELLION HOLDS BLOCKADE AT MCDONALD’S ONLY BURGER FACTORY FOR MORE THAN 24 HOURSPress release: Animal Rebellion Date: 16/07/2021 UPDATE: ANIMAL REBELLION HOLDS BLOCKADE AT MCDONALD’S ONLY BURGER FACTORY FOR MORE THAN 24 HOURS An Animal Rebellion blockade at McDonald’s only UK burger factory has halted production for over 24 hours Campaigners say they will stay as long as it takes for McDonald’s to listen and respond to[…]
- ANIMAL REBELLION BLOCKADES MCDONALD’S ONLY BURGER FACTORYAround 100 protestors set up a blockade using trucks, tents, bamboo structures and a roof occupation in the early hours of this morning to stop the facility from distributing burgers. The protestors have said they will stay as long as it takes until McDonald’s commits to changing towards a plant-based menu. They are encouraging everyone to join the camp and protest against McDonald’s for their track record of destroying the environment, poor labour conditions and animal exploitation.
- POLICE REPRESSION AT G7Individuals were arrested as police claimed to have intelligence of articles, which could be used to cause damage, at the campsite. Despite the use of hundreds of police, dozens of vans and even police dogs, all that was found was some « scaffolding », « paint » and an « airhorn ». This was the basis of their arrests.
- Animal Rebellion blockades McDonald’s distribution centres across the UKProtestors from Animal Rebellion are targeting McDonald’s by blockading all four of their UK distribution centres, which supply approximately 1300 restaurants and serve 3.5 million customers each day.
- Letter For Our FutureAnimal Rebellion delivered the following open letter signed by scientists, animal rights organisations and environmentalists to the UK Government on Tuesday 8th September 2020