Talk to us
This is the official source for Animal Rebellion UK news, press releases, updates, images and videos.
If you are a member of the press and would like to speak to one of our spokespeople then please do make contact.
We can provide spokespeople to talk about Animal Rebellion itself as well as providing commentary and opinions on anything related to the climate crisis and the urgent need to move to a just, sustainable plant-based system.
We’d love to talk to you!
- Animal Freedom Movement Supporters Liberate 5 Beagle Puppies in a Second Day of Action Against MBR Acres Beagle FarmIn the early hours of this morning, Animal Freedom Movement (AFM) occupied the Marshall BioResources’ (MBR) puppy farm in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire,[…]
- Animal Rebellion claim they’re going to cause “Large scale material disruption to the supply of dairy”Direct action group Animal Rebellion, who earlier this month disrupted the Queen’s Jubilee1 and Epsom Derby2, have released a launch[…]
- Protestors Disrupt Epsom Derby In A Call For An End To Animal ExploitationAt approximately 4:25 pm 6 women, protestors from the group Animal Rebellion, entered the course at Epsom with sashes reading “Animal[…]
- Animal Rebellion Disrupts Platinum Jubilee To Demand A Plant-Based Future And Rewilding Of Royal Land25 supporters of Animal Rebellion have disrupted the ‘Trooping The Colour’ event as the Queen’s procession made its way towards[…]
- Dairy: An Industry Built on DestructionNo doubt about it, April was a hard month for most of us. With the cost of living crisis pricing[…]
- Ex-RSPCA trustees urge charity to take lead on plant-based transitionAn Animal Rebellion delegation that included two ex-RSPCA trustees has met with the RSPCA to press the charity to back[…]
- “Factory Farming is Fuelled by Oil”, say Environmental CampaignersCampaigners from the Scrap Factory Farming campaign and direct action organisation Animal Rebellion staged a demonstration outside the Department for[…]
- Plant-Based Universities campaigners drop banners on 3 London universities highlighting climate crisisStudents from 3 prestigious universities have unfurled large banners and let off non-toxic smoke flares at key university locations in[…]
- Protestors block London’s last slaughterhouse to demand community gardensAnimal Rebellion campaigners are calling for an end to the last slaughterhouse in London in a protest against climate change[…]
- Animal Rebellion paints the Marine Stewardship Council red to demand the end of fishingFour people have sprayed the headquarters of the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) blood red, to call on the organisation to[…]
- Students nationwide launch 100% plant-based universities campaign for sustainabilityStudents at over twenty universities across the UK are demanding 100% plant-based on-campus catering by the 2023-24 academic year, to[…]
- Animal Rebellion Campaigners Scale DEFFRA In Climate Change Protest Ahead Of COP26The protesters climbed the building in the early hours of this morning, unveiling a banner that reads “COP26: Invest in a Plant-Based Future”. Animal Rebellion says they intend to remain on the building, suspended in hammocks, until UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson pledges to cut all taxpayer support for animal agriculture and promises to urge all world leaders to do the same when they attend the COP26 summit later this week.
- Breaking: Police Deny Basic Human Rights At ARLA BlockadeAnimal Rebellion 31/08/21 – 22PM BREAKING : POLICE DENY BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS AT ARLA BLOCKADE UK’s largest dairy factory shut[…]
- Climate Activists Blockade UK’s Biggest Milk Factory Calling For An End To DairyWe’re not just demanding that Arla go plant-based by 2025, we’re demanding that the government supports companies like Arla by funding a just transition for workers in meat and dairy industries to just and sustainable alternatives.
- Animal Rights Groups Unite For March Through Central London Amidst “August Rebellion”The march will depart from Smithfield Market and will have a circular route making symbolic stops at Unilever, Cargill and the Marine Stewardship Council Animal Rights marches in previous years have mobilised thousands of people This demonstration was organised by the group Animal Rebellion who will be joined by many other animal rights groups and activists
- Animal and climate protesters dye Buckingham Palace fountains blood red“We are demanding that the Queen end the use of crown land for industries which are contributing to the climate and ecological emergency and the death of animals.”
- Animal Rebellion Stages Overnight McDonald’s Occupation Amid Call For Plant-Based Food SystemProtestors have donned their sleeping bags and are camping out at McDonald’s tonight, as they call out the fast-food chain for its role in destroying the planet.
- Animal Rebellion Holds Blockade At McDonald’s Only Burger Factory For More Than 24HPress release: Animal Rebellion Date: 16/07/2021 UPDATE: ANIMAL REBELLION HOLDS BLOCKADE AT MCDONALD’S ONLY BURGER FACTORY FOR MORE THAN 24[…]
- Animal Rebellion Blockades McDonald’s Only Burger FactoryAround 100 protestors set up a blockade using trucks, tents, bamboo structures and a roof occupation in the early hours of this morning to stop the facility from distributing burgers. The protestors have said they will stay as long as it takes until McDonald’s commits to changing towards a plant-based menu. They are encouraging everyone to join the camp and protest against McDonald’s for their track record of destroying the environment, poor labour conditions and animal exploitation.
- Police Repression At G7Individuals were arrested as police claimed to have intelligence of articles, which could be used to cause damage, at the campsite. Despite the use of hundreds of police, dozens of vans and even police dogs, all that was found was some « scaffolding », « paint » and an « airhorn ». This was the basis of their arrests.
- Animal Rebellion blockades McDonald’s distribution centres across the UKProtestors from Animal Rebellion are targeting McDonald’s by blockading all four of their UK distribution centres, which supply approximately 1300 restaurants and serve 3.5 million customers each day.
- Letter For Our FutureAnimal Rebellion delivered the following open letter signed by scientists, animal rights organisations and environmentalists to the UK Government on Tuesday 8th September 2020